Effective as of May 18, 2016.
At Findly Talent, LLC (“Findly”, “We”, “Us”, or “Our”), we recognize that privacy is important, and we are committed to provide a safe, secure experience to you, the user (“you,” “your” or “user”).
If you have an unresolved privacy or data use concern that we have not addressed satisfactorily, please contact TRUSTe here.
IMPORTANT: BY USING THE FINDLY SITES AND/OR SERVICES AVAILABLE ON THE SITES, YOU GIVE YOUR CONSENT THAT ALL PERSONAL INFORMATION THAT YOU SUBMIT MAY BE PROCESSED BY US IN THE MANNER AND FOR THE PURPOSES DESCRIBED BELOW. IF YOU DO NOT AGREE TO THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS, DO NOT USE THE SITES.
Scope of this Policy
This Policy applies to information we collect on sites owned or controlled by Findly Talent, LLC or its affiliated companies (hereinafter “Findly”). Affiliated companies are entities that control, are controlled by or are under common control with Findly.
If you are using our Sites to look or offer yourself for work, apply for a job, sign up for alerts or other services, participate in a job survey, take a skills assessment, complete a background check, or perform other career related activities (a “Job Seeker”), we share your information with employers, headhunters, recruiters, hiring managers and other human resource professionals (collectively “Recruiter” or “Recruiters”). We are unable to control their use of your data. We also do not control the data practices of those who access your information on or through our Sites, or other third parties with whom we work with to provide Services that you may choose to use.
If you are using our Sites as Recruiter, we do not control the data practices of third parties with whom we work with to provide Services that you may choose to use, nor parties that you may request we work with to integrate other services and systems you may use.
We link to other websites over which we have no control. Findly is not responsible for the privacy policies or practices of other websites. You may wish to review the privacy policies of those sites so you can understand how they collect, use and share your information.
Some of our pages utilize framing techniques to serve content to/from our partners while preserving the look and feel of our site. Please be aware that you are providing your personal information to these third parties and not to Findly Sites.
Information collected on our Sites is stored in the United States; therefore, your information is subject to U.S. law.
Information We Collect
We collect three types of information when you use our Sites: Personal Information (“PI”), Company Information, and Aggregate Information.
Personal Information: This refers to information that lets us know the specifics of who you are. When you engage in certain activities on this Site, such as registering, purchasing a product or service, or sending us feedback, we may ask you to provide certain information about yourself.
When you use our Sites as a Job Seeker or as a Recruiter, you create a profile, which contains a core set of PI, which acts as a login authentication to identify you (a “Profile”). We store this Profile in the United States.
You use your Profile to access our Services, and you add, update and delete information on your Profile as you use the Services. The Services that you choose to use determines the type of information collected, the use of that information by Findly and by others, and your control over that information.
For example, your Profile will always contain:
- your name;
- your email address;
- a password that you set.
Then, depending on the Services you use, we may collect and store in your Profile:
- contact information such as address, telephone number;
- information about your education and occupation background, skills and experience, awards, memberships and affiliations, activities and interests;
- information imported by you and/or your connections from third party sites;
- information about third parties, such as references or contacts which you provide to us with the third parties’ express written consent to do so;
- your resume, cover letters, patents, work examples and other documents (“Supporting Documents”)
- your preferences and favorites;
- your age, gender, race or ethnicity, if permitted by local law and you choose to provide it.
Depending on the Services you choose to use, some or all of your Profile may be made available to other parties. Your Password is never shown to any other party.
We attempt to limit access to our Sites to Recruiters, but we do not and cannot guarantee that other parties will not gain access to this database. Furthermore, we cannot control the use of information in your Profile by third parties who access the Sites. Once your Profile has been disclosed, Findly is not able to retrieve it from the third parties who have seen, downloaded, printed or otherwise stored it.
Some Services (such as background checks and various new hire on-boarding functions employers may as of You, or Your purchasing of other Services we may offer You, etc.), may require that You provide very sensitive information (“Permitted Hidden Information”) such as:
- Social Security Number or National Identification Number;
- Credit card number and billing information.
Permitted Hidden Information is not stored in, and is not visible in your Profile.
Some Services allow you to set your Profile, parts of your Profile, your Supporting Documents and some types of Submissions that you make, visible to the public areas of Findly Sites (“Public Submission”). Public Submissions can be seen by any user on the Findly Sites, and by any person on the Internet. You can retract Public Submissions at any time. However, anyone who has viewed your Public Submissions may have kept a copy of them.
You may delete your Profile (which deletes your Supporting Documents and Public Submissions), from our Sites at any time. However, anyone who viewed your Profile and/or used our Sites may have kept a copy of your information. Some Countries and States require that we, and/or Recruiters that use our Services, retain a copy of the information you provided as/when you used the Services. Deleting your Profile from our Sites does not guarantee that copies of your information are also being deleted.
Other than for storage as Permitted Hidden Information, you should not put social security numbers, bank accounts, personality profiles, or other information you would not want made public, in your Profile, Public Submissions, or any Supporting Document.
If you provide us with details of a reference, it is your responsibility to ensure that the person is aware that you have forwarded his or her contact information and has consented in writing for you to do so. By providing the details of a reference, you warrant and represent that you have obtained that individual’s consent.
All Submissions, including but not limited to Profiles, Supporting Documents, or other information you give to us, must not contain information relating to your (i) racial or ethnic origin, unless you choose to, and it is legal for you to do so (ii) political beliefs (iii) philosophical or religious beliefs (iv) membership of a trade union or political party (v) physical or mental health or biometric details or genetic makeup (vi) addictions, sexual life (vii) the commission of criminal offenses or proceedings and associated penalties or fines, or (viii) the commission of any unlawful or objectionable conduct and associated penalties. If the information you provide does contain any of the above, then you agree that it is at your own risk. We cannot control third parties’ access to such information as they use our Services.
Company Information: Your Profile only contains information about you. If you are using our Sites as a Recruiter, you will undertake activities on behalf of your company, (such as posting jobs, writing job descriptions, adding notes, documents, comments, and sending email to Job Seekers, etc.), and these activities create and store information for your company (“Company Information”), that is separate to your Profile.
All Company Information you give to us, must not contain information relating to your (i) racial or ethnic origin, unless you choose to, and it is legal for you to do so (ii) political beliefs (iii) philosophical or religious beliefs (iv) membership of a trade union or political party (v) physical or mental health or biometric details or genetic makeup (vi) addictions, sexual life (vii) the commission of criminal offenses or proceedings and associated penalties or fines, or (viii) the commission of any unlawful or objectionable conduct and associated penalties. If the information you provide does contain any of the above, then you agree that it is at your own risk. We cannot control third parties’ access to such information as they use our Services.
If you delete your Profile, Company Information that you may have added as a Recruiter, may or may not be deleted depending on the company’s agreement with Findly, and the various legal laws pertaining to data storage.
Aggregate Information: This refers to information that does not by itself identify you as a specific individual. We gather certain information about you based upon where you visit on our Sites and what other sites may have directed you to us. We automatically collect information about how you use our Sites, the areas of our Sites that you visit, as well as information about your computer or mobile device including your IP address, device ID, physical location, browser and operating system type, screen size and referring URLs. This information is necessary for providing personalized and location-based content as well as for analyzing the use of resources, troubleshooting problems, preventing fraud, and improving our Services. We may combine this information with information in your Profile to help prevent fraud, or to improve the value and relevant outcome of the services you use.
If you choose to login, add, or otherwise connect with LinkedIn, Facebook or other such similar social network sites (“Social Information”), you authorize us to to import and/or show the Social Information that you choose to share with us as part of your Profile, and use that information in the aggregate.
Our Sites also let you share your Profile publicly; such that your Profile may be accessed by everyone on the Internet, including users without accounts, and your Profile may also appear in public search engine search results. You may control the visibility of your information by managing your privacy settings. You may also restrict the information available to others by turning off and/or deleting information you do not want visible, or by not providing the information at all.
How We Use Information
We use the information we collect to provide our Services, operate and improve our Sites, and respond to you. By registering with Findly, by using the Sites and/or Services you choose, by managing your Profile, or by opting in when presented with choices, you have consented for us to use your information in the following ways:
- to create a profile for you based on information that you have provided to us, information imported from other sites or applications, or information provided to us by third parties such as your contacts or advertisers;
- to use information about you, and others like you, to help you get a job or advance your career;
- to send you automated self-improvement hints to help you get a better job faster;
- to help your friends, contacts, and potential employers find your profile and connect with you;
- to provide information about you and your potential interest in jobs to employers;
- to provide products and services to employers so they can complete the recruitment and hiring process;
- to use information about you, and others like you, to help you use and get more value out of our Services;
- to provide products and services that enable users to network, post information on bulletin boards, view and compare Profiles;
- to provide personalized, targeted, or location-based content and services from us and third parties;
- to allow you to contact other users or to invite others to join or create a Profile;
- to allow you to import information about yourself or your contacts from other sites or applications or to export your information to other sites or applications;
- to allow you to share jobs and profile information with your connections;
- to allow you to find and hire people;
- to allow you to make purchases;
- to contact you about feature updates, informational and service-related communications, including important security updates;
- to provide you with additional communications, information, and promotions such as newsletters;
- to inform you of other products or services available from Findly or its affiliates;
- to enable you to contact us and for us to respond to you to conduct surveys, promotions and contests, and to publish the results thereof;
- to prove the effectiveness of our Services, and to provide research data in support of white papers we may choose to publish;
- to generate internal reports about the use of our Site;
- to give search engines access to public information;
- to detect, investigate and prevent activities that may violate our policies or be illegal; and
- to make suggestions and draw inferences about you. For example, we may make suggestions about people you may know or additional jobs, products or services that might be of interest to you, or people you should consider hiring.
Information you provide in your Profile, may be accessed, used, and stored by others around the world, including those in countries that might not have legislation that guarantees adequate protection of personal information as defined by your country of residence. While Findly takes measures to safeguard your information from unauthorized access or inappropriate use, Findly does not and cannot control these third parties. Findly is not responsible for any third party use of information you give to us.
We use information we have about you to determine whether you might be interested in the job and/or career opportunities of a particular third party. We may show you targeted ads on our Sites or other sites with which we have a business relationship. These ads are targeted based on information we collect about you and information about you we acquire from third parties.
You can opt-in for a service that connects you to a live help desk agent who will help you find a job. If you choose to opt into this service, you are agreeing to be called or messaged about employment opportunities, job search assistance, career advancement and educational opportunities, to the phone number that you provide. This service is provided following the guidelines as defined under the US Telephone Consumer Protection Act (TCPA), found at http://www.fcc.gov/document/telephone-consumerprotection-act-1991.
How We Share Information
We share your information with third parties who have legally contracted with us, in order to help deliver our Services to you. Such as companies which provide our web servers and database storage, those who analyze data, provide marketing assistance, process payments, provide verification and testing services for jobs, evaluate education and provide education guidance, perform job searches, improve Site usage, provide phone based help centers, and other services that may help you use our Sites, get a job, advance your career, manage your hiring process, or hire people. These companies only have access to information as necessary to perform their functions, but they may not use that information for any other purpose. We will remain responsible for any information shared in this way.
We may disclose information to third parties if you consent. Your consent and subsequent disclosures are assumed with you perform the following:
- by applying to a job, indicating interest in a job and/or employer, accepting a job referral from a friend, or playing a ‘careers’ game promoted by an employer, you consent to the disclosure of your information to that one employer and their Recruiters;
- by completing a background check, assessment, or reference check as part of a hiring process at the request of an employer, you consent to the disclosure of your information to the third-party who may provide such Services, and you also consent to the results of such Services being shared with that one employer and their Recruiters;
- by participating in our Employee Referral Service, you consent to the disclosure of your information to that employer and their Recruiters;
- by using any of our Services as a Recruiter or employee, you consent to the disclosure of your information to the employer, agency or entity that is paying for your access or otherwise providing the Services to you;
- by joining directly at TheHive.com you consent to the disclosure of your Profile to any employers and their Recruiters using our Services;
- by opting in to add credentials to your Profile, you consent to the disclosure of your information to the third-party who may provide such credentialing Services, and if you pass (obtain) the credential, you also consent to the credential ‘badge’ being displayed on your Profile, and such badge being visible/available to any current and future party that you have disclosed your Profile to;
- if you opt in to receive information about the employment opportunities, products, or services of third parties, we supply your contact information to those third parties so they may contact you;
- if you previously chose to receive newsletters, commercial emails or other communications from Findly or third parties, but subsequently change your mind, you may opt out in those emails by following the unsubscribe instructions included in those emails or by editing your account profile and opting out.
We also share aggregated information (including location data) about Findly Site visitors with third parties to serve advertisements to you on our Sites, on other sites with which we have a business relationship, and via our Services. We may also aggregate data regarding employment qualifications, education, age, experience level or other information relevant to improving the relevancy of the Services we offer you, the advertising we display and/or send to you. This aggregated data does not identify you as a user individually. This aggregated data may also be made available to you, Recruiters and fellow users of our Sites.
At times we may be required by law enforcement or judicial authorities to provide information to the appropriate governmental authorities. In such cases, we will disclose information upon receipt of a court order, subpoena, bankruptcy proceedings, or to cooperate with a law enforcement investigation when we believe in good faith that disclosure is necessary to protect our rights, protect your safety or the safety of others, investigate fraud, or respond to a government request. We fully cooperate with law enforcement agencies in identifying those who use our Services for illegal activities. We reserve the right to report to law enforcement agencies any activities that we in good faith believe to be unlawful.
We may disclose and transfer information to a third party who acquires any or all of Findly’s business, whether such acquisition is by way of merger, consolidation or purchase of all or a substantial portion of our assets. You will be notified via email and/or a prominent notice on our Sites of any change in ownership or uses of your personal information, as well as any choices you may have regarding your personal information.
Advertising Opt Out: Findly uses several third parties to help provide analytics services and to serve advertisements to you, these third parties include Google, Bing, MediaMath, Flurry, and others. Visit http://www.findly.com/advertising-companies-we-work-with/ to see a list of the companies that Findly works with in connection with serving personalized ads. These third parties may employ clear gifs (a.k.a. Web Beacons/Web Bugs), images, and scripts that help them better manage content on our Sites. We may tie the information gathered to your Profile to help us better serve you, however we never provide that information back to those third parties. You can opt out of third party cookies by setting your browser to decline cookies. Findly does not respond to web browser “do not track” signals. You can opt out of targeted advertising from networks Findly works with by visiting http://preferences-mgr.truste.com, or if you reside in the European Union, you may visit http://www.youronlinechoices.eu/. Please note this does not opt you out of being served advertising. You will continue to receive generic ads by others.
How You Update and/or Delete your Information
Depending on what Services you used, you may or may not be able to access, update or delete your information. For instance, some services such as Background Checks delivered by third parties, may be legally required to keep your information for a period of time.
1) If you had taken an Assessment as part of applying for a job with a specific company via the SkillCheck.com website, you need to Contact Us in order to have your assessment results deleted from that system.
2) If you had applied to a job for a specific employer via the HRApply.com system, you need to visit that employer’s career website to log in and delete your profile.
3) If you had joined an employer’s Talent Community, signed up for job alerts, joined TheHive.com, were referred to a job by a friend, participate as an employee in the Employee Referral program, attended a recruiting event, or are a User of any of the Findly Sites, you may access, review, correct, update, change or delete your Profile or any Supporting Documents at any time. To make any modification, you may log into your account at https://www.TheHive.com and make the desired changes. You may need to set/reset your password in order to gain access to update/delete your information.
Access to or correction, update, or deletion of your Profile may be denied or limited by Findly if it would violate another person’s rights and/or as otherwise permitted by applicable law. If you wish to delete or close your account and remove your Profile altogether, you can do so at any time by visiting https://www.TheHive.com. If you delete your Profile we will retain an archival copy of your Profile that is not accessible by you or third parties. Archival copies are retained only for as long as needed for audit and record purposes, and/or by law (“Archival Period”). We will also keep logs and information that may relate to your activity on our Site.
If you wish to re-establish your Profile during the Archival Period, you may re-join our Sites, and providing you use and authenticate with the same email address as you originally used to create your Profile, your full Profile and history will be restored, minus your Name, Address, Phone number, and any Permitted Hidden Information you may have previously added. You may re-add this information.
How We Store Information
We retain all the aggregate non-identifying information we gather about you in an effort to make your, and other’s use of our Sites more efficient. We keep this non-identifying information even if you delete your Profile.
If you change your Profile, those changes will be provided to any party that accesses your Profile through our Sites and Services, provided they still maintain your consent to disclose your Profile to them.
While you are able to change and delete your Profile from our Sites, anyone who previously had your consent or otherwise viewed your Profile and/or used our Sites, may have kept a copy of it. Some Countries and States require that we, and/or Recruiters that use our Services, retain a copy of the information you provided as you used the Services. Deleting and/or changing your Profile from/on our Sites does not guarantee that these copies are also being deleted/changed.
If you have additional requests regarding your information, please contact us by clicking here. Findly will respond to information access requests within Thirty (30) days of receipt. If we require additional time to respond, we will acknowledge receipt of your request within a reasonable timeframe and supplement our response within the time period required by applicable law.
If you have not logged onto our Site for an extended period, we may deactivate your Profile. You can reactivate your Profile simply by logging back in to any of our Sites within the Archival Period. Deactivated Profiles may be deleted. Our policy is to delete accounts and Profiles if a user does not log in within eighteen (18) months. We may extend or reduce this period at our discretion. If we change the period, we will update this notice. We will notify you at the email address you provided before we delete your account in this manner.
Findly takes appropriate measures to secure your personal information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration or disclosure. We follow generally accepted standards to protect the personal information submitted to us, both during transmission and once we receive it. Unfortunately, no data transmission over the Internet or any wireless network can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. As a result, while we strive to protect your information, you acknowledge that: (a) there are security and privacy limitations inherent to the Internet which are beyond our control; and (b) the security, integrity and privacy of any and all information and data exchanged between you and us through the Findly Sites cannot be guaranteed. You are solely responsible for keeping your username and password secret. Additionally, you acknowledge that your Profile and other information you provide, may be monitored by third parties, including your current employer.
All credit card transactions and order fulfillment activities are handled by established third party banking institutions and processing agents (such as Authorize.net). They receive the information needed to verify and authorize your credit card or other payment information and to process your order. When you place an order online at Findly, your credit card information is encrypted with industry standard encryption (SSL). This makes it difficult for your credit card information to be intercepted or stolen while being transmitted. If you have any questions about security on our Web site, you can contact us at email@example.com.
We and our partners (who work with us to provide services such as marketing, advertising, ongoing engagement, skills testing, career training and other career content), affiliates or analytics or service providers use technologies such as cookies, beacons, scripts, tags or similar technologies. These technologies are used in analyzing trends, administering the website, tracking users’ movements around the site, and gathering demographic information about our user base as a whole. We may receive reports based on the use of these technologies by these companies on an individual and aggregated basis. Various browsers may offer their own management tools for removing these types of tracking technologies.
Most browsers are initially set up to accept cookies, but you can reset your browser to refuse all cookies or to indicate when a cookie is being sent. However, some aspects of the Findly Sites may not function properly if you elect to disable cookies.
We use Local Storage, such as HTML5, to store content information and preferences. Third parties with whom we partner to provide certain features on our website or to display advertising based upon your web browsing activity also use HTML5 to collect and store information. Various browsers may offer their own management tools for removing HTML5.
Social Media Widgets
Findly is not intended for, nor do we knowingly collect information from, children under the age of 15. By using our Sites, your warrant and represent that you are 15 years or older, or, if you are under 18 years of age, you warrant that you are using the Sites and/or Service with parental consent.
Your California Privacy Rights
Upon your request, California Civil Code Section 1798.83, known as the “Shine the Light” law, requires us to provide to you (a) a list of your personal information, if any, which we have disclosed to third parties for direct marketing purposes in the preceding calendar year, and (b) the names and addresses of those third parties. You may make such a request once per calendar year, and we will provide the information to you free of charge. Please send any requests made pursuant to this section by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org. However, as defined under Section 1798.83, we do not currently share any personal information with third parties for their direct marketing purposes.
Safe Harbor and International Transfers
Findly, Inc. complies with the U.S. – E.U. Safe Harbor framework and the U.S. – Swiss Safe Harbor framework as set forth by the U.S. Department of Commerce regarding the collection, use, and retention of personal data from European Union member countries and Switzerland. Findly, Inc. has certified that it adheres to the Safe Harbor Privacy Principles of notice, choice, onward transfer, security, data integrity, access, and enforcement. To learn more about the Safe Harbor program, and to view Findly, Inc.’s certification, please visit http://www.export.gov/safeharbor/
Your data is submitted to Findly Talent, LLC, a Delaware corporation, whose principal place of business is at 98 Battery Street, Suite 400, San Francisco, 94111, USA, and your data is hosted and stored in databases and on servers situated throughout the United States.
Findly Talent, LLC
Chief Information Security Officer
98 Battery Street, Suite 400
San Francisco, CA 94111